Military Common Sense
A lot of life's problems can be explained by the military and its application of common sense.
1. "Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography." - Paul Rodriguez
2. "A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit" - Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
3. "Aim towards the Enemy" - Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
4. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
5. Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.
6. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
7. It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
8. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
9. Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo.
10. You, you, and you . . . Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
11. Tracers work both ways.
12. Five-second fuses only last three seconds.
13. Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last, and don't ever volunteer to do anything.
14. Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.
15. If your attack is going too well, you have walked into an ambush.
16. No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
17. Any ship can be a minesweeper . . . once.
18. Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.
19. Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you.
20. Mines are equal opportunity weapons.
21. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.